ROMA 2013

Last week, I was very fortunate to be able to travel to Rome, Italy for one of our work events. At the time I had to book my flights, I was already exhausted from traveling and was only looking forward to be home – so I didn’t plan my flights with any extra time to sight see and really experience Rome.

Luckily, I was able to get in the city for two days and walk around and see as much history ( & eat as much carbs and gelato) as possible. Hope you’re ready for picture overload!

The Pantheon

Fountain of the Four Rivers at the Piazza Navona

The Trevi Fountain

Gnocchi… of course.

Rome Parliament Building

Bridge of Angels

The Vatican

If I could go back to Rome, I would go in a heartbeat. To experience all the architecture and history, was a great experience. I am so happy that it worked out. Now on to plan my trip back!

Linking up with Helene for Travel Tuesdays!

12 Comments

1. April 30, 2013 / 12:41 pm

Hi, came along from Travel Tuesday linkup.
    Rome looks beautiful!
    Look forward to reading more of your blog!

Yaya @ dreamitdarling.blogspot.com

• April 30, 2013 / 8:04 pm

Thanks for stopping by!

2. April 30, 2013 / 12:58 pm

stunning!! and so cool that you got to go for work! I am jealous!

• April 30, 2013 / 8:04 pm

Thanks! And thank you for hosting one of my favorite link ups! 🙂

3. April 30, 2013 / 1:55 pm

Wow! How lucky that you got to go to Italy for work?! So awesome! Your pictures are great! I went on a cruise out of Rome back in 2007 but foolishly didn't plan to spend enough time there, so it's definitely on my list to explore again! One day is not enough!!

Gnocchi = YUM 🙂

• April 30, 2013 / 8:05 pm

I know it's so beautiful I want to go back ASAP! Thanks for stopping by!

4. April 30, 2013 / 3:23 pm

I've got Rome coming up in a couple weeks for Travel Tuesday. We weren't there for very long either so I'd love to go back someday, but what an amazing city – everywhere you turn there's some ancient structure or cool building. And gnocchi? Yes, please!

• April 30, 2013 / 8:06 pm

Can't wait to read your Rome post!!

• April 30, 2013 / 8:06 pm

Thank you!! And thanks for stopping by! 🙂

5. May 1, 2013 / 2:39 am

That's great that you had the opportunity to go to Rome and have most of it paid for by your work. I feel like I am destined to go back–after all, I did stand with my back facing the Trevi fountain and threw a coin over my shoulder. 🙂
    By the way, I see you are from Cleveland. I was just there for the day, and right now I live about an hour and a half south of Cleveland.

6. May 1, 2013 / 4:46 pm

Seriously breathtaking photos! I haven't been to Rome, but my sister has (twice – jerk!) and when I saw her shots of the Trevi fountain I knew I had to go. Someday..! Looking forward to following your blog now!